- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mail (Opens in new window)
The Tortuga Floating Hotel is a 100 foot double deck houseboat allowing divers to explore one of the most beautiful marine park of the Caribbean Jardines de la Reina “The Gardens of the Queen“
The Tortuga is a floating hotel with eight guest cabins that accommodate 16 divers up to 21. This renovated steel houseboat is extremely stable and never moves, there’s no chance of getting seasick no matter the weather conditions.
From this base Tortuga Floating Hotel you will enjoy one of the most fascinating marine park worldwide. This paradise will assure you the most exciting diving experience encountering wide range of exotic marine species such as the Caribbean reef sharks, silky sharks, large groupers, eagle rays, saltwater crocodile, as well as sea grass beds, patch reefs, mangrove fringes, barrier reefs and much more.
A normal week includes 18 dives from Sunday to Friday; return to the mainland is on Saturday morning. It is possible to book extra dives on request.
-The mandatory rates below are included to the daily price:
• Registration fee: € 91.00
• Conservation fee: € 182.00
Tortuga Floating Hote has 7 cabins on the upper deck and one on the main deck, all featuring their own bathrooms with sink, toilet, shower with hot water and air-conditioning system. On the lower level “main deck”, there is a large air-conditioned dining room along with a foredeck and afterdeck, with chairs and tables, perfect for relaxing and taking the sun after a diving day. The foredeck is a very nice place to enjoy snackers and drink cocktails or smoke Cuban cigars. Electricity on board is supplied by generators located nearby and it is available twenty-four hours a day. There are many outlets on board that provide both 110 and 220V and also free Wi-Fi.
Diving schedule is usually at the discretion of the customers following the instructor’s suggestions with 3 daily dives.
- The wakeup call at 7:00 am, coffee/tea ready, breakfast at 7:15 am.
- The diving instructors are ready to go diving from 8:00 am. Fast diving boats are used to reach diving spots having the opportunity to explore different sites each day and enjoy the view of mangrove channels, virgin beaches, birds and other exuberant fauna during the trips.
- There is no chance for loneliness; dive guides and crew are available every single minute. The group guarantees all the equipment required to ensure safety “First Aid kits with O2 on every boat, excellent communications with mother boats and mainland, life jackets, etc.”
- The first morning, check-in dive to get acquainted and make sure all equipment is in good shape. During the briefings, the experienced instructors will explain every detail of the dive, from what will be seen in a particular spot to the correct behavior while diving with sharks or highlights of the area and special characteristics of the marine life present.
- After the first dive, surface interval in one of the beautiful beaches.
- Second dive and, at midday, boats will return for lunch.
- Together with the instructor, arrange time for afternoon dives or for excursions through the lagoon and mangrove channels.
- Coming back to the live aboard to enjoy a frozen mojitos, snacks and shares experiences.
- Dinner time is around 8:00 pm for everyone together like a family. The staff will be in contact every minute to assist and receive special requests or suggestions.
- At the evening you will enjoy the cocktails of the bar, sharing photos, watching videos and enjoy the calm warm winds of the Caribbean Sea, as well as as well as coordinate the next day. In Jardines de la Reina, our season is year round.
- Laundry Service
- Leisure Deck
- Shaded diving deck
- Camera Station
- Daily housekeeping
- Audio & video entertainment
- Free Internet
- Air Conditioned saloon
- Aircondition Cabins
- Sun Deck
- Indoor Saloon
- Non-Diver (Snorkeler) Friendly
- Warm Water Showers
- Photography Station
- Outdoor Dining
- Separate rinse for u/w camera
- Custom built for diving
- Charging stations
- Radio VHF/DSC/SSB
- Life Vests
- Fire Alarm & Fire Extinguishers
- First Aid Kits
- Satellite & mobile phones
- Search light
- Engine room CCTV
- Crew trained in first aid