- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mail (Opens in new window)
Cayo Guillermo one of the most beautiful beaches of the Caribbean. This Cayo is part of the Jardines del Rey Archipelago located north of Morón municipality on the northeast coast of Cuba. In this key, the highest dunes of the insular Caribbean stand out with 15 meters of height, and the existence of an interesting and variety of birds and fauna.
Cayo Guillermo belong to the province Ciego de Ávila, approximately 100 km from the city of Morón and 500 kilometers from Havana.
Cayo Guillermo is characterized by its typical coral reefs inhabited by many species, including some varieties of turtles, rays and blankets. It also has a large presence of sponges, gorgonians and corals. The massiveness of flamenco colonies offers visitors an unparalleled spectacle. Its main attraction is the diversity of fish that inhabit it.
Few sites in the Caribbean can compete with these funds in terms of fish abundance. There is also a varied avifauna composed of more than 200 species that live in the area.
The famous island of Media Luna, a key that is seen from Playa Pilar is a great attraction for its visitors and lovers of diving since they have a beautiful coral barrier nearby with more than 120 species of fish, a sunken ship, a varied marine fauna and coral species.