The Paseo del Prado as it is commonly known to this avenue was built in 1772 during the Government of the Marquis de La Torre, Captain General of the island, who was considered the first great urban planner of the city. The Paseo de Marti is better known as Paseo del Prado it It was also called Calle Ancha from the Calzada del Monte to the Arsenal, due to the considerable width of this section. After the cessation of the colonial regime it was given the name of Paseo de Martí, in honor of José Martí. With a length of approximately 2000 meters is divided into four well-defined fundamental sections: the Paseo, the Central Park, the Explanada de Capitolio and the Plaza or Parque de la Fraternidad. accompanied by their eight lions statues, made of bronze, which means the custody and protection of the walk and recreation of its inhabitants in all periods.