Since its foundation in the 16th century, Obispo Street has been gaining more recognition for its numerous and special commercial corridors. The origin of its number is due to the fact that the Bishops Fray Jerónimo de Lara and Pedro Agustín Morell de Santa Cruz lived there. After the numerous names that this street received as Weyler in 1897, Pi Margall in 1905 and others was taken over in 1936 by the name Bishop. Calle Obispo has an important historical reference and extends from the Bernaza street where the Floridita is located to the Plaza de Armas very close to the port of Havana.
Throughout its years, different public buildings were built, such as Edificio Horter 115 finished in 1917, the North American Trust Company 1901, which later became the Banco Nacional de Cuba, Numismatic Museum No. 305, Casa del Mayorazgo Recio No 117-119 built in the 15th century, Hotel Ambos Mundos in eclectic style and finished at the beginning of the 20th century.
Today is one of the most popular tourist attractions and popular for its variety of small businesses, restaurants, musicality to the rhythm of the best mojitos and daiquiris.